Saturday, October 13, 2012

Wonderful friends

Much like my wife's post, today's post is ridiculously easy. I had the great pleasure of being able to attend the wedding of some of our favorite people: Ryan Dixon and Nichole Carney. What a fantastic day.

Over the past few years I've gotten to know Nichole and she has become practically a member of our family. The number of ways that she has blessed our lives simply cannot be measured. She got to meet and fall in love with an equally great guy in Ryan Dixon. Although, following in the footsteps of many men before him, Ryan has clearly married above his pay grade. (Don't worry Ryan - that's the way it should work! I married WAY over my pay grade, so you're in good company.)

I'm so grateful that Nichole feels strongly enough about the bond our family has formed with her that she invited us to attend the sealing in the Mesa Temple. That was a real treat for us. To see how happy she was to be getting married to Ryan and to see how happy Ryan was to be marrying Nichole - they both had the biggest smiles on their faces throughout the process - was just an incredible blessing for both Marci and myself.

My happiness is even more complete because at the wedding I also got to see two more of my favorite people: Miya Crocket and Alison Linford. I had already known about major events happening in their lives, but to speak to them personally about Miya getting engaged and to hear of Alison's plans to serve a mission - well, it was just a really pleasing day.

I'm sure I'll have more to say about Miya and Alison later, but for today I am so grateful for Nichole and the love she has shown to my family. We are so blessed to have her as a friend and we are so happy for her at the start of such a wonderful new time in her life.

No comments: