Saturday, October 27, 2012

Thoughtful friends

Today was a pretty good day. It was an especially good day for Caleb. Our good friends, the Reed family, invited him to go motorbike riding at a local dirt track. Caleb could not have been any more excited. I had some other obligations in the morning, but managed to get over to the track to see him ride for about 15 minutes or so before they closed down for the day. Paul and Cindy both were very impressed with how well Caleb rode for his first day out. He was certainly riding better than I would have been able to.

I've been friends with Paul Reed for a long time. Our friendship developed in a rather odd way since we both seemed to dislike each other at our first encounter, but later became very close. He is one of the best and most skilled hiking partners I've ever had and he's a very good friend. What is even more exciting is that he has a son that is also Caleb's age and Caleb and Tanner have become good friends as well.

That friendship for Caleb came along at a very crucial time for him and I will always be grateful that Paul and Cindy decided to move their family back to Arizona and that they were able to fill a small but vital need in my son's life at that time. I am also grateful to have them back in our family's lives as well.

It is easy to be grateful for good friends.

No comments: