Monday, October 29, 2012

Happy birthday to me


I am now 42. Yep. If you had known me as a youth and had seen the type of things I did, you would be as surprised as I am. Nevertheless, I remain alive and relatively healthy with no indication that condition will end anytime in the near future.

Today I'm grateful for my family and my friends for making the day special for me. I don't particularly go out of my way to announce my birthday, I don't ask for a big, or even a small, party. Well, unless there is a zero at the end of the birthday - at every decade I expect some small amount of fuss to be made for me. I don't think that is asking too much. 

Anyway, birthdays really aren't my thing. However, my wife took me out to lunch, then we took the family out to dinner, then, without my knowing about it, she invited our good friends over to have cake and ice-cream with us. Not too shabby.

So, today I am grateful for a loving wife and family who made me feel extra special today. I love them dearly.

Now all I need is some sushi.

No comments: