Saturday, October 13, 2012

Love is in the air...

Today has been a great day! I am exhausted, but that is okay. Jared and I were able to spend most of our day attending the wedding of good friends - Nichole and Ryan Dixon. Nichole was Sabrina's hab worker for awhile and we became great friends with her. She is an amazing young woman and I feel so blessed to have her as a role model for my daughter. She is also the only member of the church in her family. Therefore, she was not able to have any family in the temple for the sealing. We felt blessed that she would choose to invite us to be a part of that. It was very special and sealings are always wonderful reminders of when Jared and I got married - the feelings and excitement of starting our family together and knowing it will be for time and all eternity. Because Nichole is the only member of her family, they chose to have a ring ceremony in the afternoon. Sabrina was able to attend that with us - she was SO excited to go and be a part of the wedding. She really does idolize Nichole - and she adores Ryan. And they seem to truly love to have her around, which makes my heart joyful. Again, we felt blessed to have been invited to the ring ceremony. Not many people, other than family were in attendance. It is such a blessing to have wonderful people in my life. I gain so much happiness, strength, testimony, love from these people. They enrich my life so much. I have often wondered if I had not been born into the church, if I would have the strength to join the church; to change my whole life, go against my parents and be the only member - to essentially stand up for truth and righteousness. I truly admire those strong souls that do this. And Nichole is one of those that I have learned from and been blessed to know. Thank you Nichole and Ryan for allowing us to be part of your special day. To make us feel like part of your family. I so enjoyed spending our day with you and will always be grateful for how you treat my daughter! Best of luck to you in your new life together!

On a completely different note - but easily just as important in my life.  Today was a big day in our household.  Sabrina and I went shopping and for the first time in 3, almost 4 years, we bought her not 1 but 2 pairs of jeans.  For those of you that know Sabrina, you know that she has not put on a pair of pants in a really long time.  She may wear leggings, as long as she has a skirt or dress over them.  She goes camping, hiking, to the park, and whatever in a skirt or dress.  So, a few days ago she came to me and said she thought she was ready to buy a pair of jeans.  She thinks she will be able to handle the "itchiness" now.  Now, we will see how long it takes her to wear them out of the house!  She may be quirky, but I sure do love her!!

No comments: