Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Missionaries

We had the missionaries over for dinner tonight. It's always fun to have them in our home and our kids absolutely love having them over. For me the interesting part happened on Sunday. After our meeting block Caleb came up to me in the foyer and said, "Dad, we have to invite the missionaries over for dinner this week!" - he didn't say why, just that he wanted them to come over. I tried explaining that our ward only gets the opportunity to feed the missionaries once every few weeks because they have other wards that also want to serve them. I didn't know when our next opportunity would be. He looked a little deflated, but accepted what I had to say.

Right about then, Marci came up and said, "We're having the missionaries over for dinner on Tuesday."  Caleb and the rest of the kids were obviously delighted. 

It was while the missionaries were here for dinner tonight that I heard Caleb tell me that he really liked having the missionaries come over because since he is going to be a missionary he wants to get to know them and learn about what it's like. He was very serious about it and it was pretty cool to hear him say it.

So, today I'm happy that the young men who serve the Lord full time for 2 years are able to come by and show my family a good example of what it takes to be a good servant of the Lord and how to be dedicated in that service. I'm also very grateful that my children have been watching carefully, and that the missionaries that have served in our ward have been good examples for them.

No comments: