Sunday, October 28, 2012

Great friends...

About 3 or so years ago, my best friend moved out of our ward. That was a really hard time for me. I was happy for her and her family to be getting a better job so that they could continue to provide well for their family, but I missed her like crazy!! It is hard to let someone go that you truly connect with and can just talk to about anything! She was my person! After she left, I think I became a little depressed. I jokingly decided that I wasn't going to try and make new friends - I will become attached and then they will just leave me! I said this and went on like this for several months. In my mind I was just saying it and not really living it, but looking back that is what I did. I closed myself off a little bit to everyone around me. I still had lots of friends, but not that one friend I could call at anytime and complain about my life to and she would just know exactly what to say to me to help. Anyway, I gradually came out of that way of thinking and opened myself up again to all my wonderful friends that were still here and the new ones that continued to move in. And now, I have amazing friends that I truly love and know that they are in my life for many reasons. They all have amazing qualities that I can and do learn from everyday. They all are always there for me and would do anything for me and I know they love me. I love getting together with them and just chatting and enjoying their amazing spirits. They all make me want to be a better person. So, last week when I had the opportunity to be at 2 different parties with so many of my friends - I have just reflected on how blessed I truly am with all of my wonderful friends. Thank you all for everything you do for me. You all will never know what you truly mean to me. And, I still really miss my best friend - like crazy. She gets to come visit next weekend and I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

No comments: