Friday, November 9, 2012

Tender Mercies during a bad day...

Wow - yesterday wasn't the best of days. It started off fine - I went to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned and then Jared and I went to the temple and that was nice. Got home just in time for the little kids to get home from school and then I went to pick up Caleb from school. About 10 minutes after I returned from getting Caleb - I could hear Sabrina in the garage screaming and and I jumped up just as she opened the door to come in holding her nose and mouth with blood everywhere. I grabbed her and put her in the bathtub. I won't go through all the details of the rest of the evening since that is not what this blog is for. The end result being that she fractured her nose and upper maxillary. Here are the tender mercies that I can see from this not so good day. 1 - Because of her CP she doesn't feel pain as much as most of us do. So, she is in very little pain and doesn't require the pain medicine they gave us at the hospital. 2 - I am grateful it wasn't worse. It does not require surgery and that is a huge blessing (although I know she would come through like a champ). She also could have fallen on the back of her head and it would have been very bad. 3 - I have amazing friends that would all drop whatever they are doing to help me and my family. 4 - The ability to watch Caleb and see how much he cares for her and worries about her. I mentioned that I might sleep on the floor of her room for the night just to make sure she was okay and he chimed in and said he would do it. That he would watch out for her. It melted my heart. 5 - My amazing parents - my mother gives me all the love and support I could need and would drop everything to help us. And my father how always is more then generous with his money and helps us out when he knows we are struggling so much. We never have to ask. 6 - Friends that were out to ice cream for another friends birthday that thought to bring some home for me. :) 7 - A Heavenly Father that keeps me calm when I need to be for my daughter. 8 - Family members that care enough to check up on Sabrina. Just the fact that they would take the time to check on her, touches me. I am grateful that I can see tender mercies during the not so good days!!

No comments: