Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sundays are fun


It may sound occasionally like I might complain about how much I have to do on Sundays, and I do have a lot to do: meetings from roughly 7:00 - 10:00 every week, with occasional meetings going more towards the 11:00 slot, then choir for an hour then home for about 45 minutes or so, then church, then counting the tithes and offerings....it makes for a busy day. But in all honesty it really can be quite enjoyable most of the time. 

As part of my responsibilities I get to know most everyone in the ward, and that can be a real treat. We have some really good people in our ward and it is a true honor and pleasure to know them and work with them. I also get the pleasure of doing certain small things like doing temple recommend interviews - that is a particular treat. Then there are the Sundays when I get to conduct in Sacrament Meeting on Fast Sunday and I get to bear my testimony. It is always a joy to be able to share my conviction with others.

Overall, Sundays are always a blessing in my life. I don't explicitly recognize it often enough, but it really is a day I look forward to and it is a day that is always rewarding in some small way.

No comments: