Sunday, September 30, 2012

Strong Leaders

Last night was the General Relief Society Broadcast. I love going to the broadcast. It is so wonderful to listen to our leaders teach me about the things I need to work on (which are many), what is coming in the future and how to prepare for it. There is a new General RS presidency that was just put in last April conference and I was excited to listen to these women and to see the differences and similarities from the previous RS presidency. There are some differences, but what struck me the most was that it doesn't matter what the differences are, the thing that is the same, and the only thing that matters, is that all of these women are strong role models that I need in my life. They have all been through their share of trials; they have weaknesses that they work hard to overcome and they have had to work through disappointments - but, they have relied on the Lord throughout their lives and they have truly learned what it means to cast their burdens on the Lord. This is the kind of woman I want to become. I want to know that I have learned to give everything over to the Lord. I want to know Him and teach my children how to know Him. I am so blessed to have these wonderful leaders in my life to learn from and listen to and who I know will not steer me in the wrong direction. Sis. Burton, Sis. Reeves and Sis. Stephens; thank you so much for the lives that you have led to allow you to be our leaders today. You inspire me to want to be better and come to know my Savior more deeply. Thank you!!

No comments: