Thursday, September 20, 2012

Going to the temple with my son

Today I had the joy of going with my son and the rest of the young men from our ward down to the Mesa Temple to do baptisms for the dead. We had to leave at 4:30 AM (!) in order to be there for our start time of 5:00 - which is clearly far too early for normal human beings. However, I am proud to say that Caleb didn't even complain one time, he was up before me and ready to go. He was very excited and it was very special for me to see that excitement to do something he had been waiting to do for years.

I'm not sure what we've done to raise such a good kid, but he is just that: a good kid. I could not be more proud of him and it brings me all the happiness and joy that a parent can have to see him growing into a young man.

No comments: