Saturday, December 8, 2012

Good Health

Today, I am surrounded by my very sick family. I mean everyone but me is sick. Gavin started coughing on Tuesday and then got a fever on Thursday and Friday and still has a slight (99.2)one today. He is still coughing and probably will be for a couple of weeks. Sabrina woke up at 4 am on Friday morning with a fever and had a fever of 103.2 most of yesterday and is still at least a 102 today. Jared has a fever of 101 and so does Caleb. Caleb says it hurts his chest a lot when he coughs. Like sharp shooting pains. That does not sound good at all. We don't get sick all that often in our family. That is something I am VERY grateful for. I know that we are truly blessed to be generally healthy in our family. I have a lot of friends and some family who seem to catch everything that is going around and I am grateful that that is not us. I don't know how we got so lucky. The other thing is that I can not remember a time when pretty much everyone is sick at the exact same time. This is very strange in our house. Even Tim the Elf is down with the flu today! :) So, today I express my gratitude to my Heavenly Father for a family that is healthy most of the time. When you are sick, you really appreciate all the other times you are not sick. I am sad to day that as I sit here typing this, I can feel it coming on in my head too - so I am sure I am next!

No comments: